Our company has been working on issues of HIV and AIDS and wider sexual and reproductive health and rights for more than ten years. Originally called Davies & Lee: AIDS and Development Consulting we are now simply called Davies & Lee Consulting to reflect our wider health and gender, and strategic management and resource mobilisation remit. We are based in the UK and are a team of two consultants who work together or individually:
We primarily work to support organisations in the health sector to:
- Design, strengthen and scale-up programmes
- Improve organisational management structures and systems
- Undertake strategic planning and mobilise local and international resources
- Monitor and evaluate their work
- Document and disseminate lessons and effective strategies.
Where we work
We work across Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. We have strong experience and knowledge of working in key countries in Africa and Asia (shown in green) with solid experience of working in other countries too (shown in orange). Our experience is strongest in Southern Africa where we lived and worked in Zimbabwe and South Africa for nearly a decade.
Our assignments vary from short- to long-term, meeting either immediate need and/or contributing to longer-term solutions by helping to strengthen the capacity of individuals, communities, institutions, and policies.
Who we work with
United Nations agencies such as UNAIDS, UNICEF, Global Fund (GFATM), international and regional NGOs, bilateral agencies, governments, national and local NGOs, academic bodies and the private sector.
Recently our main clients have been:
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance
- RSFU (the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education)
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
- International Council of AIDS Service Organisations (ICASO)
Our specialist areas