Our work has assisted institutions to:
Design, strengthen, and scale-up their programmes – examples include:
- Finalisation of the Swaziland National Strategic Plan and development of annual Action Plan for the Swazi National Emergency Response Council on HIV and AIDS.
- Development of field tools such as organisational development training toolkits for the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, or the Counselling Guidelines Series for the Southern African AIDS Trust
- Feasibility studies such as for the development of a Voluntary Service Overseas regional HIV/AIDS initiative in southern Africa
- Guidelines on developing orphans and vulnerable children programming in Burkina Faso for the International HIV/AIDS Alliance
- Programme design such as the JSI Europe (Zimbabwe HIV/AIDS Programme) Young People We Care pilot programme and subsequent roll-out for implementation by other institutions including UNICEF and AfriCARE.
Improve organisational management structures and systems – examples include:
- Leadership of Southern African AIDS Trust transition from CIDA project to independent regional NGO
- Development of Southern African AIDS Trust Good Practice Strategy
- Technical support to strengthen OD systems such as for International HIV/AIDS Alliance linking organisations and country field offices.
Undertake strategic planning and mobilise local and international resources – examples include:
- Most Vulnerable Children (MVC/OVC) country strategy development for the Government of Tanzania, FHI360 and USAID
- Country strategy development for PATH South Africa office.
- Technical input for private companies and national business coalitions to mobilise and design HIV workplace and community support programmes through the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS
- Development of International HIV/AIDS Alliance toolkits on resource mobilisation and NGO/CBO support
- Leadership of Southern African AIDS Trust strategic planning and resource mobilisation.
Monitor and evaluate their work – examples include:
- Team member for the PEPFAR OVC Track One evaluation
- Team leader for USAID evaluations and assessments e.g. evaluation of the Food By Prescription for PLWHA (NACS), and assessment of Nyumbani Village (granny and OVC village)
- Strengthening the design of M&E systems for Southern African AIDS Trust, JSI Europe, Family AIDS Caring Trust
- Leadership of participatory evaluation processes at Family AIDS Caring Trust, Southern Africa AIDS Information Dissemination Service, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Southern African AIDS Trust.
Document and disseminate lessons and effective strategies – examples include:
- Conceptualisation of Sightsavers ‘Programme Implementation Manual’
- Development of training manuals for JSI Europe, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Family AIDS Caring Trust, Southern African AIDS Trust, Liverpool Associates in Tropical Health
- Design and production of newsletters and programme overviews for JSI Europe and Southern African AIDS Trust
- Project management of Alliance NGO/CBO Support Toolkit/website
- Writing and/or editing/polishing of policy reports and promotional materials, such as Southern African AIDS Trust SHARE series reports, corporate brochures highlighting HIV programmes for UNILEVER and members of the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS.